The health and wellbeing of our students is the number one priority, always. We will begin offering limited in-studio services in the form of private pole dance lessons for individuals and studio rentals for individuals on August 15. Masks must be worn AT ALL TIMES in the studio, including rentals. Virtual Appointments will continue to be offered for students wishing to train from home.
Services are dependent on the health of the instructor and the health of our community. Here are a few precautions that we will to take for your safety when in-studio services can resume. The following is subject to change as new information is released.
We have read and affirmed the interim guidelines for Sports & Recreation as set forth by New York State, which permits low-risk, moderate-risk, and high-risk sports and recreation activities and instruction to operate indoors with restrictions. Pole dancing is performance art, a competitive sport and recreational activity. We will operate with the following policies:
- Poles are spaced 6 to 7 ft. apart. For added safety when we reopen, we will maintain at least 1 pole between the Instructor and Participant at all times (12+ ft. apart).
- Equipment will not be shared between the Instructor and/or Participants during any training session.
- Equipment includes but is not limited to: poles, spray bottles, yoga mats, and grip aids.
- Personal items will not be permitted on the dance floor; No street shoes on the dance floor either. Students are asked to please bring as few personal belongings into the studio as possible.
- We will offer a phased re-opening of services, beginning with services for individuals only (personal instruction and rentals)
- The Instructor and Participants will maintain 6 ft. distance at minimum, unless the Participant is at risk of injury and requires immediate assistance in the form of physical, hands-on feedback or a spot.
- Training will be designed so that spotting should not be required. No big tricks.
- Virtual Appointments will continue to be offered to reduce in-studio activities.
- Masks/face coverings must be worn by both the Instructor and Participants in the studio and shared spaces AT ALL TIMES.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC will have a limited number of disposable masks for students to wear, in the event a mask is forgotten.
- Face masks MUST be worn over the nose and mouth.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC will adhere to the hygiene and sanitation requirements from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Health (DOH), and conduct regular, daily cleaning of the studio, and sanitizing after each appointment.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC will maintain a Cleaning Log to document the date, time and scope of cleaning within the studio. The Cleaning Log will be kept at the front desk.
- All Equipment will be cleaned and sanitized with disinfectant and/or an alcohol-based solution before, during, and after the appointment.
- Extra time will be reserved (at least 30 minutes) between appointments for cleaning and disinfecting.
- A free standing true HEPA air purifier has been added to the studio. Our air purifier cleans up to 700 SqFt of air every 30 minutes, removing 99.97% of airborne dust, allergens, and other contaminants.
- A contact-less hand sanitizer dispenser will be located at the front desk. Participants will be asked to cleanse their hands upon entry.
- Each Participant will receive their own towel and bottle of cleaner to wipe down the Equipment before, during, and after the appointment.
- Participants will place towels in a covered hamper for washing and disinfecting by Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC.
- While bathrooms and shared spaces are cleaned by property management, we ask all Participants to arrive dressed and ready to workout, and to stay within the studio during their visit, if possible.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC is not responsible for cleaning and disinfecting shared spaces.
- Shared spaces include but are not limited to: bathrooms and adjacent hallways.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC will post signage in the studio to remind Participants of social distancing rules, hygiene, and PPE.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC will maintain this page with studio policies and updates regarding COVID-19.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC will maintain accurate attendance via the MINDBODY software.
- Electric Daisy Fitness, LLC will cooperate with the necessary health personnel and contact tracing in the event that the Instructor or any individual who has participated in studio activities tests positive for COVID-19.
- In the event that the Instructor tests positive for COVID-19, services will be cancelled for at least 14 days, and the studio will be disinfected before in-person services can resume.
- The Instructor will check her temperature prior to entering the studio for signs of a fever (a temperature of 100.4 F or greater), and maintain a Temperature Log.
- The Instructor will cancel and reschedule services if she is experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 and/or tests positive for COVID-19.
- Participants are asked to please stay home if they are not feeling well in any way on the day of their appointment, or have been sick within the last 14 days.
- With consent, the Instructor will check the Participants’ temperature using a contact-less thermometer upon entering the studio.
- With consent, participants will be asked:
- Have you experienced cough, sore throat, fever or chills, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath or any other symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled to a state on New York’s Travel Advisory List within the past 14 days?
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all staff and students, Electric Daisy Fitness has the right to dismiss any Participant for violating these policies and general House Rules.